I am excited to share the current state of our master bathroom with you. It’s been gutted and is now a blank slate! I was out of town for the demolition party, but Travis sent me a video once the work was complete.
(Isn’t his accent the cutest?)
Our plan is to work on the bathroom each weekend to prepare it for the tile work to be completed by a contractor next month. This weekend we will:
- Remove the sheetrock damaged by the mirror.
- Patch all the sheetrock. (This task may spill over into next week.)
- Remove the laminate floor.
- Plumbing (we have a good friend who is a licensed plumber.)
- Electrical (Travis is a licensed electrician.)
- Prepare the wall for the medicine cabinet.
- Call the tiler to ask a few questions and schedule tile work.
We’re still making some decisions regarding tile, but I’ll be sure to share all the bathroom details once they’re firmed up! Long story short: the wall tile we had selected for the shower was strongly discouraged by the contractor responsible for the tile work. We want to run our new selections by him before moving forward.
To read more about our master bathroom check out the posts below: