I was recently cleaning out and decluttering my kitchen when I realized we still use quite a few things around our house that we received as wedding gifts back in 2008 – nearly 10 years ago! So, I thought it might be helpful to put together a list of the items we’re still using throughout our home for wedding gift givers or brides compiling registry items.
- Pyrex 8-Piece Smart Essentials Bowl Set – I received this same exact set of bowls, and I’ve been using them faithfully ever since 2008.
- Biltmore Prima Towels (bath, hand, and washcloths) – These towels were a popular gift on our registry, and we ended up receiving plenty of towels to last us plenty of years. In fact, with proper care, I hope to not have to buy towels for a long, long time.
- Kitchen Aid Food Processor – We actually received four food processors as wedding gifts. This one is similar to ours, however, I can see they’ve made some much-needed updates to the handle on this processor’s bowl. I’ve had to replace mine several times.
- Baskets – We received a couple of simple baskets similar to these as wedding gifts. They’ve moved around a lot over the years, but they’ve always had a purpose in our homes.
- Pampered Chef Small Batter Bowl (measuring cup) – I did not register for this bowl/measuring cup, but I am so glad I received it as a gift! The size is perfect for when I’m baking or preparing large quantities of food and a standard measuring cup just isn’t enough.
- Pyrex Portables 4-Piece Glass Bakeware and Food Storage Set – We received two sizes of portable casserole dishes with bags. I still use both of them faithfully around the holidays when toting hot dishes to family member’s homes.
- Cooking Utensil Set – We received a similar set of cooking utensils, and I have been so pleased with how well they have held up over the years. Ours have a stainless handle but are otherwise very similar to the set pictured below.
- Over-the-Sink Collapsible Colander – We’ve actually upgraded to now having three collapsible colanders in our kitchen: the one below, a smaller round colander, and a 3.5 cup colander for small quantities.
- Fleece Blanket – We received a similar blanket as a wedding gift, and we’ve used it on our bed every winter since. The fleece is equally soft and warm, which makes the bed so comfortable for sleeping during those chilly, winter nights.
- Stainless Steel Cookware – We received an Emeril stainless cookware set as a wedding gift from my in-laws, and I have used it every single day since 2008. When it needs a good scrub, I use this cleanser and my cookware looks brand new again.
- Melamine Batter Bowl – I liked this batter bowl so much that I purchased a second one in a different color. I use both constantly. I like that the bowls are light weight, have a handle, and have a pour spout. You can actually see both of these bowls in the glass display cabinets in my kitchen.
- 4-Slice Toaster – We received a similar toaster in red (this one comes in red too!) I love that ours has a tray for crumbs and different settings (bagel, defrost, etc.).
- Shop-Vac – We actually just upgraded to a larger Shop-Vac a few weeks ago, but we still keep this little guy around. We like to use the larger vacuum for dry messes and the smaller one for wet messes. This way we don’t have to constantly switch filters.
- Glass Pitcher – I received two of these pitchers as wedding gifts, and I kept both of them. There have been many times when I’ve served water in one and sweet tea in the other!
- Drinking Glasses – We received a couple of sets of these for our wedding, and we promptly purchased stemware hanging racks for them to be on display in our kitchen. They’ve been on display in our tiny first apartment, our first house, and now in our blue home. I actually still have a box of these in our garage just in case we break some!
I’m sure there are plenty of other items given to us as wedding gifts that we still use throughout our home. We registered for practical gifts – no fancy china or crystal for us! And I’m so glad we did because we’ve consistently found uses for plenty of our gifts throughout the years, which of course helps us to fondly remember the gift giver.
In case, you’re still looking for a few more ideas, here’s a few other practical gifts we received & loved: black photo frames, knife set, toaster oven, gift cards & money, bakeware (cupcake pans, loaf pan, bundt pan, etc.), wedding photo albums, serving dishes, griddle, Tupperware, kitchen towels, curved shower rod.