Happy 2016! Last year was a strange one for me, but I still managed to accomplish many of the goals I set. Here’s hoping I can do the same this year.
I hope to accomplish much around the house this year. There’s a slight chance we will need to consider moving after I complete graduate school, so as much as I do not enjoy the thought of moving again I would like to be prepared as much as possible. Also, it’s much easier to coordinate home improvements while I’m working from home, which also may change after I have that diploma in hand.
- Finish painting all of the doors black throughout our home. There’s only three left!
- Complete the kitchen cabinets. After months of working with a contractor, we are on schedule to complete the kitchen cabinets in the next few weeks.
- Tile kitchen backsplash.
- Replace dining room table. We’ve ordered a custom dining set, and we’re just waiting for it to be delivered.
- Continue to steadily reduce clutter.
- Update the guest bathroom.
- Continue the master bedroom closet makeover.
- Stain the front porch and deck.
- Add risers to front porch stairs and skirting below the porch.
- Continue making improvements to the outside of our home. In 2015, we repaired our fence and began working in the landscaping. This year I hope to accomplish a few more items to continue adding curb appeal to our blue house.
In addition to this list, there are several other home-related tasks we will consider adding depending on what our long-term plans look like in a few months.
- Graduate from my graduate program. I am on track to complete courses at the end of the summer and to graduate in December with my MBA.
- Celebrate our 30th birthdays. We will both turn 30 in May this year.
- Complete two Advocare 21 day challenges.
- Blog one time per month.
- Apply for adjunct professor positions. There’s a new program in our home state of Tennessee that provides a scholarship for high school seniors for two years of free tuition at community and technical colleges. It’s a wonderful program, and I’m hoping the influx of students will create more adjunct professor positions in our area.
And that’s it! This year is really going to be about focusing on schoolwork for me. I may update these goals a bit as the year progresses, but as of right now, my focus is on continuing my education.