A Day in the Life Post: April 1, 2015

April 2, 2015

I’m in a pretty great season of life right now. My days are full but not busy. I’m finding more contentedness in this season than I have in many others, so I thought this would be a good time to write my first “day in the life” post. This is something I will try do from time to time in order to look back and remember where I’ve been. After all, that is the reason I blog.

8 a.m. My alarm goes off, and I begin hitting snooze. Waking up early without having an absolute reason, such as work, is new to me. While I’m still not a morning person, trying to stay on a “normal” working schedule is important to me. Some days I’m even awake before my alarm goes off! (And, yes, 8 a.m. is extremely early to someone who normally has her days and nights reversed.)

8:30 a.m. I can no longer take the alarm, so I turn it off and reach for my phone. I check email, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, and Bloglovin (my fave!). I love reading each morning.

9 a.m. I am up! What do to? Dogs go outside, and I prepare breakfast to eat while watching a little TV. I’m still not very efficient with my mornings, so I find that I waste a lot of time thinking the day through. I usually prefer to be up before 9 a.m., but at least I’m up now!

9:15 a.m. Breakfast (cereal) isn’t appealing, so I pour most of it out. I read a couple more blogs and then get dressed for the day: a tank top, jeans, flip flops, and a lightweight jacket. I may not like this warmer weather, but I sure am glad to see my Reef flip flops again.

9:30 a.m. It’s still too wet to mow, so I prune a couple of rose bushes and head back inside.

10 a.m. I’ve already completed my weekly accounting homework, so I decide to use the next hour or so to take my weekly accounting quiz. This is one of two courses I’m currently taking online as a prerequisite to my MBA program that will begin in the fall. I’ll have to take two more classes in the summer.

11:30 a.m. The quiz takes longer than expected, but it’s done! Which means my accounting work for the week is done. I send a couple of texts to my best friend and my mom. They’re proud of me, and I need their encouragement to get through this class. I don’t believe I’ve ever been challenged so much in a class; except for that time I dropped accounting in undergrad. #oops

11:45 a.m. I do my makeup and head out the door.

Noon I have to do a case study for my management class where I observe a group of people as they go about their work. I chose a restaurant a few minutes from my house, so my commute is only about 5 minutes. I love small-town life! I order a grilled chicken wrap with jalapeño chips, while observing the lady who takes my order.

12:05 p.m. My sandwich is ready and delivered to my table before I’m even able to open my notebook or write any observations. I spend the next 25 minutes eating, observing, and writing. I’m not sure what I’ll do with these observations, but that will be for later.

12:30 p.m. I head home and change into shorts once I arrive. If I have to mow the yard, I might as well attempt to get some sun. This is when I decide to write the Day in the Life post, so you’ll start seeing photos now. 🙂

Day in the Life at

2:15 p.m. The yard is mowed. I listened to music, and it’s a gorgeous day. My allergies are still acting up despite wearing a respirator, though. Time to head inside. Travis will likely have to run over the grass again tonight with the mower as this is the first time it’s been mowed this year. I leave the lawn mower in the driveway for him after removing the key.

2:30 p.m. I check in on social media and share a couple of links with some girlfriends. I also upload a video of Winter to Instagram, which reminds me to schedule a grooming appointment for her. A quick check on Bloglovin reminds me that I want to start Clean Mama’s SpringClean in 30 Challenge. I’ve already printed the paper and everything. Today is dust edges/corners of ceilings: a task that definitely needs to be done at my house. Except I’m too short to reach, so I skip to day 2: Dust edges/corners at ground. The baseboards are gross, so I dust every baseboard in the house.

3 p.m. It took three dusters to tackle all the baseboards, but I’m feeling better about the way the house looks. I’ll figure out some way to get to the ceilings later. There are also steps to vacuum and wash the baseboard on other days. They look great after dusting, so no additional steps are needed. That takes care of days 4 and 5!

3:30 p.m. I volunteered to remove the nails and screws from the master bathroom ceiling. The screws come out just fine, but I can only manage to remove about five nails before calling it quits. It’s time for a snack and a break followed by a shower. The season finale of Fixer Upper came on last night, and I can’t wait to watch it!

Day in the Life at

5 p.m. I was really hoping to get some management homework done this afternoon, but I’m out of time. Travis will be home in about 40 minutes, so I need to get ready. We’re going out to eat tonight.

5:40 p.m. Travis and I head to Pizza Hut for dinner. Definitely not my favorite, but he has a “craving.” I’ve only been here twice in my life, so I’m not expecting the surprisingly delicious pizza that arrives in front of me!

Day in the Life at BetweenWeekdays.com3

6:30 p.m. We’re on the hunt for a trailer for our RZR, so we stop by the Co-Op where we find an option before heading to Ace Hardware (closed) and Lowes.

7:15 p.m. Travis quickly runs over the grass with the mower while I burn some limbs we’ve been collecting in the back yard. We had a major ice storm in February, and these are what’s left after hauling off several larger limbs.

Day in the Life at BetweenWeekdays.com4

8:15 p.m. The fire has died down, so we head inside for showers and to watch an episode of Arrow before bed.

It was a good day.

All comments are encouraged and appreciated!