I’ve been thinking about goals quite a bit recently. I learned last year that smaller goals are more attainable than larger goals. For instance, I began taking a multivitamin, developed a skin care routine, and worked hard to receive a promotion in 2014. So, that has me thinking; what do I want to accomplish this year? What good habits can I add to last year’s building blocks to make me a better, more well-rounded individual? Here’s my list:
Health and Fitness
- Continue seeing a chiropractor for migraines/headaches. This is actually a habit I started in 2014. Seeing a chiropractor has already greatly helped my headaches, and I’m hopeful it will continue helping.
- Drink more water and less sugary beverages. I’ve begun implementing this, and all I can say is, “I want a Coke. Now.”
- Exercise at least 3 times/week. I joined a gym a few weeks ago, and I’ve been going 3 times a week. I would like to incorporate more exercise into my weekends, though. Plus, there’s a Friday Zumba class I’d like to try!
- Lose 20 pounds. This won’t be fun.
- Eat balanced meals. I have two big problems: I don’t eat enough protein, and I really like sweets.
- Read one book a month. No, not a book where I learn something; a book simply for enjoyment.
- Watch less TV. Except for the Big Bang Theory and Downton Abbey, of course.
- Blog one time per month. I think I can manage 12 blog posts this year.
- Go outside more. Hello sunshine!
- Pay off the loan on our truck. We only have 2.6 payments left!
- Begin contributing to a 401K. I’m so excited to finally be eligible to contribute to my company’s 401K program.
- Finish saving money for our bathroom renovation. We’re very nearly there! In fact, plans are already in the works.
- Renovate the master bathroom. Finally!
- Finish painting the kitchen cabinets. Finally!
- Finish painting the doors. Finally!
- Reduce clutter. Steadily.
I know the above seems like a lot, but I’ve already implemented most. Plus, I have all year to work on it! What are your goals for 2015?