We just celebrated our six-month anniversary of living in our blue house. Where has the time gone? I thought it might be fun to look back at what we’ve accomplished these past six months and where we’ve yet to go.
Our house looked a bit dated when we moved in, but that didn’t stop us from falling in love with it almost immediately. The floor plan was exactly what we were looking for, plus this house offered a lot of updated features for us including hardwood floors throughout, a formal dining room and a large, level lot, to name a few. We were able to see past the previous owner’s decor to know that this was the house for us.
One of the first things we tackled was changing up the majority of the lighting throughout our home in what I like to call the Great Lighting Shuffle of 2013. To read more about the lighting changes we made, click any of the links below. We made some unconventional changes when it came to some of the fixtures, but we’re very pleased with all of the lighting choices we’ve made.
- The Dining Room/Master Hallway
- The Office/Front Guest Bedroom
- Entry Lights/Guest Suite Hallway
- The Laundry Room
- The Kitchen
- The Master Suite
- Everything Else
It took us several months to get unpacked and settled, but once we were in, I began sharing a room-by-room house tour with you. So far, I’ve been excited to share with you two guest bedrooms, a guest bathroom and my office. I’m looking forward to sharing the rest of the house with you soon!
The first shower we hosted was for my sister-in-law, who welcomed a beautiful baby girl into this world May 10. Since my niece’s nursery features a hot pink and zebra theme, it only seemed appropriate to apply that same theme to the baby shower we hosted back in March. Since we were still in the midst of unpacking and painting, this shower was the push we needed to finish settling in! To read any of the Pretty in Pink [and zebra] Baby Shower posts, click any of the links below.
- Drop-In Baby Shower Menu
- Baby Shower Gifts
- Drop-In Baby Shower Games
- Pretty in Pink [and zebra] Baby Shower
- Baby Shower Entertainment for a 5 Year Old
- Baby Shower: T-Minus 11 Days
- How to Make a Tutu Wreath
- Crafting a Hot Pink and Zebra Baby Shower Corsage
- Getting the House Ready
- Planning a Baby Shower
The second baby shower we hosted was only a few weeks ago. This baby shower had a sweet theme focusing on gender neutral colors and “games.” The shining star of this shower (besides the glowing mom to be) was the menu. I’ve still got a few details to share, but to read all about the prep work and menu, click any of the posts below.
- Baby Shower Inspiration
- Planning a Special Baby Shower
- Pinterest-Inspired Baby Shower Projects
- Sweet Baby Shower Progress
- Baby Shower: T-Minus Three Days!
- Sweet Baby Shower Success
- A Couples Baby Shower Menu
We’ve had a busy six months! We have a lot of projects we’d like to complete around here, but, luckily, we have plenty of time. We plan on staying in this house for at least 10 years, so we’re in no rush to make a ton of big changes immediately. Here’s some of what we’d like to do in the next few years:
- Completely gut and renovate our master bathroom
- Paint the kitchen cabinets
- Redo the front landscaping
- Repair (and expand?) the privacy fence out back
- Add better storage to the master closet
- Add crown molding throughout the house
That’s just a sample of what’s on the giant to-do list. I’m not sure if we’ll get around to any of those projects, but it sure is nice to dream.
Here’s to another great six months!
I’m linking up to Thrifty Decor Chick.