I can’t believe I only have three days until the baby shower. Yikes! In the spirit of keeping it real, I thought it’d be crazy fun to share with you my last minute to-do list broken down by the day. Keep in mind that the shower isn’t until 6 p.m. Saturday, so I have most of the day to finish up.
- Make rice krispie treats.
- DIY food flags.
- Finish deep-cleaning the main areas of the house. This will take most of the day.
- Buy all the food for the shower and begin assembling dishes: caprese skewers, potato salad, punch, sweet tea, etc..
- Pick up cake and cupcakes from bakery. (Here’s the cake’s inspiration.)
- Assemble rice krispie treats into cute packaging for favors or shower snacks.
- Assemble s’mores basket.
- Pretty up the water bottles.
- Arrange flowers clipped from yard and purchased at store.
- Sweep and mop all floors.
- Celebrate my Dad’s birthday!
- Spray off deck early in the morning.
- Arrange furniture, fire pit and corn hole sets outside.
- Set up umbrellas outside.
- In the event of rain, move living room furniture out to accommodate large (borrowed) dining tables.
- Buy ice.
- Pick up balloons.
- Decorate! Decorate! Decorate!
- Finish preparing dishes, and then clean the kitchen so it sparkles!
- Set up all food.
- Remind Dad to bring Keurig.
- Lock Winter and her litter box in the bedroom. I would hate for someone to accidentally let her outside. (In the event of rain, our dogs will spend the day at my Dad’s.)
- Fire up the grill right before party time. Note to self: don’t forget Travis’ new apron!
- Take lots of pictures and enjoy!
I think the best way to accomplish everything on Saturday will be to divide and conquer. I’ll handle all the food prep and decorating, while Travis sprays off the deck and arranges the furniture. I’ll ask my Dad to pick up the ice and balloons, so we won’t have to leave the house at all.
As you can see, it’s going to be a busy end-of-the week for me. I’m sure I’ll get it all done, but I might have to pull a couple of all nighters. Wish me luck! I’m going to need it…