I adore my mother’s butter pecan bundt cake. It’s moist and flavorful without being overly sweet. It’s versatile enough for brunch or dessert. It travels well, and it feeds a crowd. Individual slices can also be frozen for later consumption. It’s the perfect cake, I tell ya.
I have no idea where the original recipe hails from, and I’m sure my mother doesn’t either. It’s one of those recipes that is so simple, you’ll remember it for the rest of your life after you make it just once.
- 1 butter pecan cake mix
- 1 tub of coconut pecan frosting
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of oil or applesauce
- 4 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350º
- Grease and flour your bundt cake pan
- Combine all ingredients until well blended
- Pour combined ingredients into a greased and floured bundt pan
- Bake the cake at 350º for 45-55 minutes
- Allow the cake to cool on a wire wrack
That’s it! The most difficult part of baking this cake is preparing your bundt cake pan.