I’m all about shortcuts in the kitchen, and this “recipe” is full of them.
As I mentioned last week, I host a weekly family dinner on Tuesdays. This is the perfect dessert for a large gathering. What makes it super simple you ask? All of the ingredients are store bought.
- store-bought angel food cake
- strawberry gel (found in the produce section)
- whipped topping
- trifle bowl
- sprinkles, if desired
- Cut the angel food cake into bite-sized pieces. I’ll completely understand if you need to sample a few of the pieces.
- Wash and trim the strawberries into bite-sized pieces.
- Add half of the angel food cake pieces to the bottom of you trifle bowl. Next, layer half of your strawberries and half of your gel. Finish off the first layer with half of the whipped topping.
- Repeat layers: angel food cake, strawberries, gel, whipped topping.
- Add sprinkles to the top as decoration.
Of course, you can also make this with cake you bake and fresh whipped cream. I’m sure it would be absolutely delicious! For me, though, I’ll take the shortcut route for now.
What simple and scrumptious desserts have you been whipping up lately? Please share!