I recently mentioned that I will be hosting a brunch for the ladies in my family. As the party date nears, I’m realizing I need to create a to-do list to help me get organized.
This can’t be any to-do list, though. In order to plan a successful party, the to-do list will have to be broken down into a timeline. Luckily for me, the guests will be family and there won’t be many in attendance. Originally, the brunch was to be set in October, but now, it will be in early November. Either way, there are things I need to do now and other things that will not need to be done until right before the brunch.
To Do in August:
- Set a party date. Early November?
- Experiment with menu items, such as non-alcoholic mimosas
To Do in September:
- Continue experimenting with menu items
- Begin experimenting with tablesettings
- Begin creating DIY décor, such as a wreath for the kitchen door and a centerpiece for the table
- Create DIY invitations to be mailed early October
- Finalize tablesetting
- Finalize menu
- Finish DIY décor, and shop for non-DIY décor
- Mail invitations a month or so before the brunch
To Do Week Before:
- Set the table
- Thoroughly clean house
- Confirm RSVPs
To Do Night Before:
- Make ahead any menu items that can be made in advance
- Do any last-minute cleaning
- Make sure all dishes, serving ware, etc. is clean
To Do Morning of Brunch:
- Prepare any dishes that need last minute preparations
- Set up food, drinks and mimosa bar
- Look Fabulous and welcome guests
You know I’ll keep you posted every step of the way! Are you planning any parties this fall?